View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Jesus and the Sacred Mushrooms 

Eleleth wrote:
Jesus represents the serpent fire, the Logos (John 1:1), not a mushroom. This whole idea is silly. John 3:14, the pi verse, we read

Quote:
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up ...

The Bible conceals alchemy.

the symbolism in the Bible is multilayered, and might have been used by a historic Jesus' gnostic contemporaies as well, a way to keep their knowledge alive for generations.

Quote:
The Amanita muscaria mushroom, because of its changing form; its symbiotic relationship with pines, oaks and birch trees; and its profound visionary effect makes itself amenable to mystical personification and simile. A few examples of the Amanita Muscaria mushroom in various stages of life underneath its host trees are shown above. In its newborn state, it takes on the appearance of a small dazzling white stone or particle; then a woolly lamb, a constellation of sun, moon and stars, a brilliantly colored ground fruit; a winged bird adorned with a string of pearls around its neck; a sun disk radiating light in all directions; a gold plate upon which is found strange writing and a serpent hanging on a pole. According to those who have consumed this fruit, the visionary state it produces occasions an endowment of divine knowledge and celestial love.

the transmutation of water into wine is said represent the urine of the shaman who consumes amanita muscaria.. seriously.

the grail is said to represent the upturned cap of the mushroom, the wine in this case would be captured rain water or dew.

"It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

jho wrote:
the symbolism in the Bible is multilayered, and might have been used by a historic Jesus' gnostic contemporaies as well, a way to keep their knowledge alive for generations.

But do we know what the Gnostics believed? The Naassene text is helpful here.

Quote:
the transmutation of water into wine is said represent the urine of the shaman who consumes amanita muscaria.. seriously.

But look at what you said--it's an alchemical "transmutation". I'm surprised you didn't go for the "living water" quote.

Quote:
the grail is said to represent the upturned cap of the mushroom, the wine in this case would be captured rain water or dew.

I am sure that entheogens do have their significance, but the Divine Spark--the Grail--lies in one's heart, and it is here that one is always focused when on the mystic path. The Grail was often a dish or stone (hinting at the Philosopher's Stone), and Parzival is laden with alchemical symbols. There is just something very dismaying and, moreover, disempowering about changing a simple and elegant symbol of love and grace into a mushroom.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 am

we are all entitled to our own opinion but the evidence is there.
the soma shamans use it.

Manna = magic mushrooms = body of christ = bread of life

the evidence is all there. but like i said we are all entilted to our own opinions, i just hope that some silly thing like a core belief in the bible is not what is keeping you from looking into this further.

i noticed you mentioned the Philospher's stone

watch this seminar, they explain the philosopher's stone

2012 Enochian Alphabet, Sacred Geometry, John Dee Part1

by: Vincent Bridges & Dan Winter

2012 Enochian Alphabet, Sacred Geometry, John Dee, Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyKH6B99zBc

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:05 am

teosty wrote:
we are all entitled to our own opinion but the evidence is there.
the soma shamans use it.

Manna = magic mushrooms = body of christ = bread of life

the evidence is all there. but like i said we are all entilted to our own opinions, i just hope that some silly thing like a core belief in the bible is not what is keeping you from looking into this further.

I have no attachment to any dogma at all. Read Jakob Boehme, the Kabbalah, the Bhagavad Gita, the Tao Te Ching, and they all say the same thing...more or less. ;-)

Quote:
i noticed you mentioned the Philospher's stone

Why not read a book on alchemy? Herbert Silberer and Carl Jung have gone over the subject without too much obfuscation.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 am

John Allegro's "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" - a Gnostic Media exclusive video

Uploaded by GnosticMedia on Jan 24, 2011
"Gnostic Media is happy to present this exclusive video of John Marco Allegro in an interview with Van Kooten & De Bie. Recorded for and broadcast on Dutch TV in December 1976, this is the only available video of Allegro -- the Dead Sea Scrolls scholar and author of 13 books, including The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.

Two other videos exist in the archives of the BBC/CBS, though repeated attempts to acquire them have failed.

Thanks to Dutch researcher Gerrit Keizer for acquiring this video and making it available to Jan Irvin of Gnostic Media, and the Allegro estate."

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2