View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Dead Cows Cause in Uproar in Caddo Parish 

A little more "pink":

http://www.pcworld.com/article/164022/microsoft_responds_to_verizon_pink_rumor.html
Quote:
Microsoft may be wielding a new weapon in the war against Apple. The company's rumored to be working on a top-secret smartphone with Verizon. The mission: take out the iPhone. The code-name: "Pink." ... Hmm. So basically, what they're saying is that Microsoft could be working with Verizon on "Pink." Or it could just as easily be working with MIC Tanzania on "Burnt Sienna." Your guess.

Why would they say "burnt sienna"?

I wrote recently on the "Angel of Death/Death of an Angel" thread about the death of Angel Nick Adenhart (Aspetta17 told us about Adenhart meaning fire heart):

Quote:
The accident occurred at the intersection of Orangethorpe Ave. and Lemon St. in Orange County, just after midnight. The accident appears to have been very similar in time of day and type to the accident that killed Diana Wayland in “Knowing.” Gallo was driving a Toyota Sienna, named for Siena, Italy, which in turn was named for Senius, son of Remus (twin of Romulus). Remus and Romulus were the legendary founders of Rome, feral children who were raised by a she-wolfe.

I also wrote:

Quote:
His jersey was number 34. ...There is also a song called “#34” by the Dave Matthews Band on their album “Under the Table and Dreaming.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/34_(song)
Quote:
The song was inspired by and written for Miguel Valdez, a percussionist who collaborated with the band in 1992 and died due to hepatitis in 1993. Dave Matthews co-wrote the song with Haines Fullerton, another collaborator, who later took his own life in September 1996. On the album, the song is "hidden" as track number 34, with 22 blank tracks between its previous track, "Pay for What You Get." …

The song debuted live in February 1993 and was played a total of nine times at various shows up until March of that year. Each performance lasted around eight-and-a-half minutes and featured lyrics sung by Dave Matthews. The lyrics of the song were unstructured and varied slightly throughout its nine live performances. The theme of the song's lyrics were initially about love, however they were later based around themes of death. When the band recorded the song for Under the Table and Dreaming in September 1994, lyrics were recorded, but were removed for the album.

After the live performances in 1993 and the studio recording in 1994, "#34" had not been played live by the band, except for a small tease at the beginning of a show in 2002. At the beginning of the band's summer tour in June 2005, the song was once teased again at two different shows, and then in July the song was almost completely played, but it was still much shorter than length of entire the song. Finally, on July 9, 2005, "#34" was fully played again live for the first time in over 12 years; however, it was played instrumentally, similar to its version on the album. The previous live performance of the song took place exactly 1442 shows prior, totaling a 4491-day period since the last performance, making it the band's all-time longest return of a live song performance. "#34" returned for a total 11 performances that year in its instrumental form and can be found on the live album on Weekend on the Rocks, which is from the band's four-night stand at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre.

On October 2nd, during the band's final show for the 2007 Summer Tour at the Hollywood Bowl, #34 returned for Dave's wife's 34th birthday. The return also marked the first time since 1993 that #34 had lyrics.

NOTE: October 2nd was precisely 555 days before Adenhart’s death. "Red Rocks" also calls to mind the color raw sienna. It's the color of the dirt in Siena, Italy.

Note: There is raw sienna and burnt sienna:
Attachment:
sienna.jpg
sienna.jpg [ 21.05 KiB | Viewed 7524 times ]

On the "Knowing" thread, Quantum Observer reminded us of Sienna Miller's embarrassing fling with Balthazar Getty (Balthazar deriving from Belshazzar, the last king of Babylon). She has an interesting role coming up playing Baroness in the new GI Joe movie (GI Joe: The Rise of the Cobra). In that movie, the Eiffel Tower is brought down by explosives. That's a bit far afield from where I started, but hey, I go where the synchs lead me!

OK, though back to pink. Pink is another word for the color Rose, which harkens to the Holy Grail. But anyway, something very interesting: this weekend is the "Run for the Roses" - of course, a great horse race. And that number 555 highlighted above has something to do with that!

http://www.examiner.com/x-8317-Philadelphia-Home-Gardening-Examiner~y2009m5d1-The-Run-for-the-Roses--why-roses
Quote:
From the Kentucky Derby website:

Each year, a garland of 554 red roses is sewn into a green satin backing with the seal of the Commonwealth on one end and the twin spires and number of the running on the other. Each garland is also adorned with a "Crown" of roses, green fern and ribbon. The "Crown", a single rose pointing upward in the center of the garland, symbolizes the [color=#40FF00]struggle and heart necessary to reach the winners' circle.[/color] Each year the Governor and other dignitaries present the winning jockey with a bouquet of 60 long stemmed roses wrapped in ten yards of ribbon.

As it turns out, the rose's association with the Kentucky Derby started way back at the beginning (1875), when roses were given out to all ladies in attendance at a Louisville party celebrating the event. Eventually, Col. Lewis Clark (grandson of Wm. Clark, as in Lewis and Clark), then President of Churchill Downs, decided to adopt the rose as the official flower of the race. In 1896 a garland of pink and white roses was awarded to Derby winner Ben Brush. Eight years later, the red rose became the official flower of the Kentucky Derby. Years later (in 1925), New York sports columnist Bill Corum (who would later become President of Churchill Downs) coined the race the "Run for the Roses" and it stuck.

Notice the repeated references in this thread (and I've seen it elsewhere lately, too) to perserverence - to having the heart to making through to the end.

Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I've got another pink synch:

Attachment:
pink nike.jpg
pink nike.jpg [ 36.5 KiB | Viewed 7415 times ]

Obviously, this is a Nike/breast cancer awareness ad. It's probably part of the new Nike "Think Pink" pack (http://solecollector.com/shoes/nike-shoes/jordan-shoes/shoes/nike/think-pink-nike-hyperdunk-in-detail/). So Nike says pink is the "Color of Courage" - which fits in with the fiery heart thing above:

But did you know "Nike" refers to the goddess of victory? Whenever I see it I think of my mother's favorite sculpture, the Nike of Samothrace:

Attachment:
nike of samothrace.jpg
nike of samothrace.jpg [ 56.61 KiB | Viewed 7465 times ]

Notice the poor thing is beheaded.

There's a replica of this sculpture in front of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. Ceasar, of course, was betrayed and assassinated by Brutus in 44 BC.

Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 pm
Site Admin

Two dead women found in London hotel
Sun May 3, 2009 4:43pm BST

LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Sunday they had evacuated a London hotel after the bodies of two women were found inside in what firefighters said was a "chemical incident."

Officers were called to the Costello Palace Hotel in the Finsbury area of north London on Sunday morning after the two bodies were discovered.

"The bodies remain at the scene. We await confirmation regarding the cause of death," a police spokeswoman said.

Firefighters were also called to the hotel and were treating it as a "chemical incident."

Police said the building had been cleared.

A police source said it was believed the incident was a possible suicide involving a noxious substance and there was not thought to be any wider risk to the public.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUKTRE54219120090503

Sun May 03, 2009 6:39 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

Attachment:
amd_sneakers_obama.jpg
amd_sneakers_obama.jpg [ 21.05 KiB | Viewed 7295 times ]

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.
The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540. Ernst/Reuters

The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.

What do you think of Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers?

They're in poor taste. That's way too much to spend on sneakers, especially in a recession.

The First Lady should look good, and she can afford it. If the sneakers make her happy, there's nothing wrong with it.

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which are a cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

"They're shoes," the First Lady's reps sniffed when curious reporters inquired about the fancy footwear.

Michelle has stepped out in Lanvin before while getting down to business. A week ago, she shoveled dirt at a tree planting while wearing the line's chiffon tank.

Dresses and strappy pumps cost upward of $1,500, while tops go for $400 to $1,000.

Other celebrity fans of Lanvin's costly kicks include Ellen DeGeneres and Kanye West, who has blogged about his faves.

As the family's primary dog walker, Michelle clearly requires comfortable footwear.

"I got up at 5:15 in the morning to walk my puppy," she joked Thursday. "That's how my day starts. Even though the kids are supposed to do a lot of the work, I'm still up at 5:15 a.m. taking my dog out."

She'll be trodding on New York's sidewalks Tuesday for the first time as First Lady. Michelle will meet with staff at the U.S. mission to the United Nations. Later, she headlines Time magazine's "100 most influential people" gala.

nynews

Sun May 03, 2009 6:42 pm

It just jumped into my brain this morning that there's a pink/Las Vegas connection here that may tie in with the 21 dead horses and something else I haven't figured out, too.

First, the 21 dead horses = black jack - which you play in Las Vegas.

Then, when Lady Gaga performed on her pink bubble-filled piano, she was singing "Poker Face" = poker - which you play in Las Vegas.

Now we have certain news on Code Pink:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/164134/verizon_microsoft_to_launch_iphone_killer_pink_in_2010.html
Quote:
Verizon, Microsoft to Launch iPhone Killer 'Pink' in 2010
Paul Boutin, The Industry Standard
Apr 30, 2009 6:40 am
The Wall Street Journal reports as fact, not as "according to sources," that Microsoft has a multimedia touchscreen phone code-named Pink. Microsoft and Verizon, the Journal says, plan to launch the phone and an app store early next year specifically as an iPhone competitor.

The news comes after Verizon and Apple execs got into a press conference food fight over whether or not Verizon would offer the iPhone next year. The current iPhone models are not compatible with Verizon's CDMA network technology.

I highlighted April 30 because that is the day that Raybeam discovered the Grim Reaper pointed to when he said in the Super Bowl Commercial that he would be coming back in 88 days.

Then we had a bubble story yesterday:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518717,00.html
Quote:
12 Injured When Roof of Dallas Cowboys' Practice Bubble Collapses
The storm was producing winds measured at 64 mph just before it struck the Cowboys facility

Keep in mind that the Cowboys are known as "America's team" and the very term "cowboy" is emblematic of America.

About that "64 mph wind" - Messier object M64 is known as the Black Eye Galaxy or Evil Eye Galaxy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Eye_Galaxy

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/TECH/space/02/06/space.blackeye.reut/story.hubble.evileye.cnn.jpg

There are 64 squares on a chess board. And in the 2007 movie "Walk Hard," there's a reference to the Beatles song "When I'm 64" - John Lennon (played by actor Paul Rudd) says to Paul McCartney (played by actor Jack Black), "I wonder if ya songs will still be shit when I'm 64."

Finally, yesterday a dark horse won the Run for the Roses ("rose" and "pink" are synonymous):

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518718,00.html
Quote:
Calvin Borel was in a familiar place, along the rail and urging Mine That Bird to fly through the mud. Trainer Bennie Woolley Jr. was someplace he never imagined — the Kentucky Derby, with his horse in the lead.

Together they pulled off one of the greatest upsets in 135 years of America's most famous horse race.

And again, there is a gambling/Vegas connection:

Quote:
A $2 win wager returned $103.20, making Mine That Bird the second biggest upset in Kentucky Derby history, behind 91-1 longshot Donerail in 1913.

One other possibly related news story yesterday:

Jack F. Kemp (JFK), VP candidate with Bob Dole, died yesterday of cancer. Kemp means warrior or athlete. Like JFK, Kemp was noted for reaching out to black voters.

Last edited by Just Me on Mon May 04, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Quote:
First, the 21 dead horses = black jack - which you play in Las Vegas.

And then there is that black horse in the Queen Beatrix parade, with the man in the black car crashing into the crowd - just like a Black Knight? Which brings us back around to Heath Ledger/Dark Knight symbolism.

Lotsa horse stuff lately, as noted previously.

Sun May 03, 2009 7:26 pm

H1N1 (which I am now calling Hini - or rather hiney) is now in 34 states.

Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 am

Just found another gambling synch from American Idol. Randy Travis was the mentor the week Adam did "Ring of Fire." Travis played Michael Steele in the movie "The Wager" in 2007. The "Steele" name comes from his character being seriously tested to see what he is made of.

And for the pig theme - he did the voice of "Porkchop" in "Lost: A Sheep Story" and "On the Farm: The Prodigal Pig", both from 2006.

I'm sure I could have a lot of fun digging up synchs on the next three mentors - Smokey Robinson, Jamie Foxx, and Quentin Tarantino - but I'll resist for now.

Tue May 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Glinda the good witch of the North as a cow on parade in Madison, Wisconsin, in front of the UW Hospital.

Because of a search I made thanks to this thread I discovered Code pink, a protestgroup agains war, that has often used witchcraft in their protests. :-) How cute. :hippie: But they seem to scare some people. :lol
Quote:
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 | Kristinn

A reporter for The Nation magazine reported today that the President Barack Hussein Obama support group Code Pink held a witchcraft ceremony to 'cleanse' the White House on President Bush's last full day in office.

One of Code Pink's leaders, Jodie Evans, was an early financial supporter of Obama's, serving as a bundler for his campaign and donating the maximum to his primary and general election campaigns, as well as thousands of dollars to the Obama Victory Fund. Code Pink also organized get out the vote efforts for Obama.

Code Pink's affiliation with witchcraft was present at its creation--a Wiccan who calls herself Starhawk is a co-founder of the group.

Last year, Code Pink held a witchcraft ceremony at the Berkeley Marine Corps officer recruitment center.

Victor Navasky, in his report in The Nation titled The Work has Begun wrote of his train ride to Washington yesterday for the inaugural that his seatmate, Joanna Lawrence, was planning to attend a "shoe-in", or shoe-out, to protest President Bush on his last day in office.

He wrote:

It also included a rally organized by Medea Benjamin, who was joined by witches from CodePink and Kate Clinton, the comedienne, whose object would be to "cleanse the White House." Don't Ask.

Besides invoking witchcraft against the United States, Code Pink also works with state sponsors of terrorism and the terrorists in Iraq to undermine America in the war on terror. And Code Pink works with President Obama.

God help us, please.

Around mothers day every year they intensify their protests. Last year they got some media coverage for their 'wichcraft' when they put a pink spell of loving at the marines. Make love not war...

Btw, P!nk is known to have used a little witchcraft, a love spell. Pink candles are used in love spells.

BlackBerry is telling us something? Pink poison Illusion case writing: Love is poison.

Quote:
Queen of witches
cry
You and your chaines that won't let go.
Oh
passion-fruit
sweet love
but your pink poison kills my life.
Queen of witches
cry

Lyrics by Kano. Pink Poison is newly released (11.11.08) Game that is known by the name Eternal poison outside of Japan. The pink/eternal poison central to the game is eighter a blessing or a curse. It is a mystery... fabled to be able to 'make your deepest desires come true'.

Pink Potion" (aka Amoxicillin). Pink colouration makes children more willing to take meds. The pink potion can cause fluorosis and that of course brings me to... The Fluoride poisonous mind control conspiracy! :-) It is said to be more poisonus than lead and slightly less poisonus than arsenik.
Quote:
Dr. Gerald Cox, on the staff of the Mellon Institute (the Mellons owned ALCOA Aluminum, a fluoride-polluting industry), claimed that if some fluoride was bad for teeth, a smaller amount was good and should be added to the water. In the late 1930s, Dean started publishing purposely skewed data to show that fluoride caused reduction in tooth decay. The USPHS was under the jurisdiction of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon, founder of ALCOA. Dr. Cox convinced a Wisconsin dentist, J. J. Frisch, to promote the addition of fluoride to the water supply.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. Just trying to get the hang of it..

Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 am
Profile WWW

That "love" thing reminded me of this "love revolution" thing from the Presidential pimaries in the U.S.:

Wed May 06, 2009 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next