View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Knowing 

We all need to see the new movie "Knowing." (http://knowing-themovie.com/) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowing_(film)) I believe this was written for us by someone who is seeing what we are seeing. I'm starting this thread because I think this is a movie we will all want to talk about.

I notice a couple of things about this right off, but will post more on it later as I think about it more. First, it was supposed to be released on 3/26 (a New Moon date), but instead was released on 3/20 (the Vernal Equinox).

It was filmed Down Under - in Oz - and the most common movie poster shows the earth burning, beginning down under:

Attachment:
Knowingposter08.jpg
Knowingposter08.jpg [ 77.41 KiB | Viewed 8140 times ]

Like many films and books, the characters' names are full of meaning:

Lucinda Embry - Lucinda means illuminated, Embry means ember
John Koestler - The well-known Arthur Koestler wrote about synchronicity
Caleb Koestler - The biblical Caleb and Joshua were the only scouts sent to the Promised Land who believed the Israelites could defeat the Giants and take the land according to God's promise, so they were allowed to enter it.
Diana - the goddess, Isis, Liberty, dies as predicted on October 12 (or maybe 19 - can't recall!).
Abby - reminds me of the group Abba - Abigail means handmaid.

The first disaster observed by Nicholas Cage's character, John Koestler, is a plane crash:

If you go to the "Knowing" website and enter it, you will see a photo of the round window through which is seen a vision of the fiery future of the planet. The window is reminiscent of a ring of fire. The vision begins with a burning moose running from the woods. The film is set in a part of the world where there are no moose, and with all of the talk of Sarah Palin lately and her moose hunting, I felt this was a reference to her or Alaska.

There are several scenes that feature dinosaur skeletons, hinting at mass extinction.

This drawing is featured, with the indication that Lucinda Embry expects the aliens to come for her in a ship similar to Ezekiel's wheel.

More later.

Last edited by Just Me on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:02 am

When I saw the promo poster and images from the movie I figured it would be good. I'm definitely gunna check it out ASAP. Might torrent it.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:32 am
Profile WWW

Well I probably won't see this for a long while... I can't stand paying $9.50 to go to the movies and watch someone "text" on an uber-bright cell phone screen, or listen to them talk to their vacant shallow friends about whatever zombies discuss during movies. Nor do I like watching blurry plictures jaggedly flash on my computer monitor as my dismal amount of RAM and crappy internet connection attempt to display the picture, which is always out-of-synch with the sound. D:<

But seeing as how I'm bored, I'll try to add some info for you guys to pick over later.

Nicolas Cage's name means "victory of the people," from "Nike" - the winged goddess of victory (headless in her most famous sculpture), and the name of the popularly overpriced shoe brand featuring saturnian "Swoosh" logo. These were the shoes worn by the Heaven's Gate Cult when they thought they were going to meet aliens trailing the Hail-Bop comet upon their mass suicide. "Nick" is also a name for the devil, as in Old Nick, or Old Saint Nick (Santa/Satan). Perhaps Nick Cage having this forbidden wisdom is similar to Lucifer.

Nick Cage seems to resonate "America" coming off of two National Treasure flicks, and his first encounter with "Knowing" is an airplane with the word "PLYMOUTH" slapped on it. Plymouth Rock is where Pilgrim passengers of the Mayflower ship landed in the New World. Plymouth Colony, is named for Plymouth, Devon, England, where Capt. John Smith and the Pilgrims set up shop. Also they celebrated the first Thanksgiving here. Plymouth (in England) means "mouth of the River Plym," and the river Plym was named for Plympton ("Plum-tree town"). It was originally called Sutton which means "south town" in the Saxon language.

So the Plymouth-Plane is "going down"? That seems to be a threat at America it's self.

Plymouth is also the name of a brand of car which "died" in 2001. It's owned by Chrysler who's logo is the winged sun disc and "Pentastar," or 5 triangles which combine to form a star.

The movie poster reminds me of what "Dr. Zira" wittnessed when she and two other chimpanzees escaped the "Planet of the Apes" in the 4th installment of that movie. At the end of Part 3, a Doomsday Device (golden ICBM with Alpha & Omega stamped on it) is detonated and destroys the whole world. She says the "rim of the earth melted" and there was a sound like a hurricane (sounding a bit Biblical). "The Planet of the Apes" came up recently when I noticed that the Lincoln monument was replaced with General Thade (an ape) in the remake; synching with Obama the Monkey King and his connections to Abe Lincoln. (Or as I call him, "Ape Lincoln," flipping b into p.)

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 am
Profile WWW

I noticed the exact same thing about Plymouth but had to go and couldn't finish writing about it. The "New World" thing is important - it's all about Genesis, rebirth, and a new world.

I notice another detail - there's a helecopter hanging from the ceiling in the boy's room - and he is being called by the whisperers to be taken in what Jake would call a "chariot of the gods."

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Jake would probably now say something like K NOW in G :-)

i decided to watch the movie now...for some reason, on that blurry internet... so i just paused it to notice here - there just before first plane crashed... Nick C. asks the police officer at the road blocks.. about traffic accident and cop replies ..."a couple of injuries, NOthing Serious"... just then.. booom plane dives in...

One other thing somebody talked here that the forum maybe invoking some syncs accidents to happen... hope this Montana and Tokyo planes dont have to connect to this... similar strange sync happened to me a week ago when that helicopter crashed at Canada's coast i just the day before was browsing on Google Earth the east coast where helicopter went down. But anyway it doesen't have to be that black, this movie seems to be all about synchs and numbers things that we do here...

You noticed the movie poster looks like Firefox logo...

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Nice catch, D7!

Image Image

But something I never noticed before - what planet is that in the Firefox logo? I can't see how it matches up to anywhere on Earth.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Maybe it's part of Pangea in the process of breaking apart?

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

If it is Pangea, then that could make sense because Knowing visually emphasizes dinosaurs and reminds you there was a previous extinction and now a new extinction is coming. Not only do they meet in a museum full of dinosaur fossils, but in one scene where the father and son are talking at night, you see a toy dinosaur skeleton laying on the ground in the shadows next to the bed at the left side of the screen.

In other words, maybe the Firefox logo is pointing to the last extinction event and Knowing is pointing forward to the next one.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 pm
Site Admin

Nothing to do with the movie, but when you guys mention Pangea, I have to present this movie to you. It shows that the Earth is alive and in fact GROWING!

Haven't seen "Knowing" yet, will see it very soon, seems like it's an important movie..

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Wow thanks. This helps my theory that all energy is expanding at the same level. Very cool. I have to add this onto one of my posts on a different forum now...

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next