View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 The Woman In The Red Dress 

Greetings everyone. Being that I am still new here, I am unsure whether there are older previous threads that dealt with this subject. I did find one but it was more than a year old and it only had like a half dozen replies, so I figured I would begin a new one for anyone interested.

http://synchromysticismforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=939&view=next

The topic being the "Lady In Red" or "The Woman in the Red Dress".

A week or so ago I had replied to a different thread (Isis/Ices I believe) where we discussed some obvious Isis/Sirius symbolism contained within Macy's ads. Anyway, this is something that keeps popping up in my research from time to time, and I wanted to post about it primarily as a means of organizing my thoughts on the issue as well as hopefully getting related syncs to the topic I have yet to become familiar with.

It is my interpretation that typically "red stars" (such as the Macy's logo) are symbols of "sirius" which in ancient Egypt the goddess Isis was associated with and/or symbolic of. So combining star symbols with the color red (and women in general) appears to be a wink from the goddess.

To get started I will borrow 2 images from the old thread that was started by "Just Me" in April, 2008.

"When In Rome"...oh the irony in that headline lol

Then for all "Matrix" fans we have the obvious "Woman In The Red Dress"..

In all honesty, it was this scene from The Matrix that originally sparked my thoughts on the subject a few years back (considering The Matrix is one of the most blatantly obvious film trilogies that feature Masonic symbolism). Whether it's character names such as trinity, neo "the one", morpheus, merovingian, cypher, the oracle, etc...

The masonic black/white checkerboard floor tiles in the spiral staircase in the building that they use to enter/exit the matrix being the same displayed in lodges and on tracing boards, almost suggesting that the way in and out of the matrix is thru masonic knowledge. The pyramid shaped trinity of lights beneath the ship "Nebuchadnezzar" that rescues Neo once he has been freed. And much much more.

Well I was always struck by this "goddess" in a red dress that stands out among this mass of drone like people in black/white suits inside the matrix training program. Considering the prominance of Isis in many occult traditions as well as the alleged emphasis on "sirius" in the higher degrees of freemasonry, I was interested in taking this concept a bit further and looking into it.

I felt this was an interesting one to get going with, this album cover for "The Other Side Of The Mirror" by Stevie Nicks. Clearly we have more duality symbolism here with the masonic style checkerboard floor pattern, and I find the whole concept of the title "The other side of the mirror" interesting in the sense that it creates a dual representation of the same woman.

This image is from a 2008 "Heart Truth Red Dress Collection Fashion show" at New York’s Fashion week. The caption for the photo reads in part "These ladies put the “star” back in “all-star,” showing audiences exactly it means to be a strong healthy woman".

Laura Bush conspicuously wears a white dress with a single red pin, surrounded by 15 celebribrity women (or stars) dressed in red dresses. As much as we seem to deal with "trinities" in many belief systems, a trio of pentagram stars would equal 15 points. Also, "15" seems to reasonate "IS" with me symbolically...so applying the Stevie Nicks "mirror" concept above "1515" or "ISIS".

Wonder Woman wears a crown (chakra) that features this red pentagram star.

In this 1940's cartoon "The Woman In The Red Dress" by George Mandel, even death changes his mind about challenging the goddess.

Brigitte Nielsen played "Red Sonja", the female warrior counterpart to Conan. While Tanya Roberts played the red haired female counterpart to "The Beastmaster". That same year she also appeared in Playboy in a spread that features a "Beastmaster" theme.

Gene Wilder and Kelly Le Brock starred in "The Woman In Red"..the poster showing obvious "as above/so below" symbolism with the godess' exposed legs forming a pyramid/triangle.

More to come, but in the mean time...let's just say now it makes much more sense why the "Dog Star" is "mans best friend"...

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Attachment:
The attachment scarletwoman.JPG is no longer available

the Scarlett woman reminds me of a red-herring.

I'm sure tickled Pink.

Attachments:
scarletwoman.JPG
scarletwoman.JPG [ 11.66 KiB | Viewed 9685 times ]

"It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau.
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:30 am
Profile WWW

The Syrian Goddess, by Lucian, tr. by Herbert A. Strong and John Garstang, [1913], at sacred-texts.com
Attachment:
ishtar.jpg
ishtar.jpg [ 16.59 KiB | Viewed 9682 times ]

Quote:
Others again maintain that Semiramis 24 of Babylon, who has left many mighty works in Asia, founded this edifice as well; nor did she dedicate it to Hera, but to her own mother, whose name was Derceto. 25 Now,

p. 53

[paragraph continues]
I have seen the semblance of Derceto in Phœnicia, and a wonderful sight it is; one half is a woman, but

p. 54

the part which extends from the thighs to the feet ends in a fish's tail. 26 The effigy, however, which is at Hierapolis is a complete woman. 27 The reasons for this story are plain to understand; they deem fishes holy objects, 28 and never touch them, while of birds they use

p. 55

all but pigeons for food; the pigeon is in their eyes sacred. 29 It appears to them then that what we have described was done in honour of Derceto and Semiramis. The former, because Derceto has the form of a fish; the latter, because the lower half of Semiramis takes the form of a pigeon. I, however, should probably conclude that the temple in question belongs to Semiramis; that the shrine is Derceto's I can in no wise believe, since even amongst the Egyptians there are some who will not touch fish as food, and they certainly do not observe this restriction in favour of Derceto.

"It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:54 am
Profile WWW

hey, thanks for the replies, enjoyed the video! nice additions, maybe it was your intention, but the mention of the scarlet woman and red herrings brings to mind another woman in a red dress, "Scarlett O'Hara" from "Gone With The Wind".

interestingly enough, when they introduced these collectors edition "scarlett o'hara" barbiw dolls, the boxes featured a windown you see scrlett thru in the shape of an inverted pentagram star.

i find it so ironic that the scarlett woman is refferred to as a prostitute or "whore of babylon" whe according to wiki, when they were searching for the actress to play the role in the original movie. bette davis was rejected because her "casting as a Southern belle in Jezebel in 1938 took her out of contention".

now, your including the image of "ishtar" in a red dress reasonates beautifully considering ishtar is often depicted as being interchangeable with isis. i find it interesting that in the popular kids card game Yu Gi Oh (which is absolutely STEEPED in esoteric symbolism)...there is a goddess character named "Isis Ishtar"...not the red 5 pointed "star" of energy coming from her head...

here is a wiki article featuring this character, showing 2 pics, one of isis ishtar wearing a veil and one without, reasonating "isis unveiled" by madam blavatsky.

http://seventh-star.net/wikific/Isis_Ishtar

this "isis ishtar" yu gi oh characters birthday is april 5th, a date in which "easter" or "ishtar" at times falls on...

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Norma Jean Lollis Hill (February 11, 1931, Oklahoma – November 7, 2000, Dallas, Texas) was a witness to the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963. She was known as the "Lady in Red" because of the long red rain coat she wore that day, as seen in the Zapruder Film. She was portrayed in the film JFK by Ellen McElduff.

She was present along with her friend Mary Moorman across from the grassy knoll, and was one of the very closest witnesses to President Kennedy when the shots were fired at him. Moorman can be seen taking pictures in the Zapruder film, which Hill claims were taken and bleached out.

At Zapruder frame 313, when President Kennedy was shot in the head, Jean Hill was only 21 feet (6.4 m) away, leftward, and slightly behind President Kennedy.

She testified to the Warren Commission that after the assassination she watched a man running from near the Texas School Book Depository towards the picket fence area. After watching this man, Hill crossed the street and ran with many other witnesses and authorities who first ran towards the grassy knoll after the shots ended.

Mrs. Jean L. Hill stated that after the firing stopped she saw a white man wearing a brown overcoat and a hat running west away from the Depository Building in the direction of the railroad tracks. She has since stated when she saw a photo of Jack Ruby after his killing of Lee Harvey Oswald she now believes he was the man she saw running. You can see in the Zapruder film that she was clearly looking into the direction of the Texas School Book Depository while the president is right in front of her which appears to support her story of looking at someone running just after the assassination. There are no other witnesses who claim to have seen a man running toward the railroad tracks. Examination of all the available films of the area following the shooting, reexamination of the interviews with individuals in the vicinity of the shooting, and the interviews with members of the Dallas police department and the Dallas Country sheriff's office failed to corroborate Mrs. Hill's recollection or to reveal the identity of the man described by Mrs. Hill. (Warren Commission Report, p. 640)
In Jean Hill's Warren Commission testimony she stated that a Secret Service agent told her on November 22, right after the attack, that another Secret Service agent, watching from the court house, saw a bullet strike, "at my feet" and kick up debris.

Hill was also one of several witnesses who have stated that at the end of the assassination she saw smoke lingering near the grassy knoll picket fence corner, although she made no mention of this when discussing the grassy knoll in her Warren Commission testimony (testimony that she has since stated was fabricated by the commission in her book "The Last Dissenting Witness").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Hill

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:33 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
I've never seen you shine so bright

I'd say that connects to the sirius angle

I can't find the "real" music video, but there may be some synchs there

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm
Site Admin

the song is also featured in an episode in Supernatural called "Tall Tales," as a man slow dances with an alien.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:45 pm

now...red herrings, scarlett o'hara, warrior goddess' with "red hair", and ishtar/easter bring to mind the "hare" or "easter bunny". which leads to another woman in a red dress...

Came accross a music group called "Ishtar" who's female lead singer Soetkin Baptist seems to have an affinity for red dresses....

In the article I read it says that the group is "named after the Babylonian goddess of love"...and also has this to say about them:

"The Belgian entry for the Eurovision song contest, O Julissi by the Flemish group Ishtar, is sung entirely in an invented language."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7409530.stm

strange, an invented language with a song entitled "O Julissi" which in my mind resonates an anagram for "O July Isis"...July typically being the beginning of the "dog days of summer" in the northern hemisphere, which is equated to sirius. further information from wiki on the dog days of summer or "july isis"..

"The name comes from the ancient belief that Sirius, also called the Dog Star, in close proximity to the sun was responsible for the hot weather."

I am gonna have to look a bit more closely at this group and see what else syncs...

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:15 pm

@ central scrutinizer...great stuff thanks, that "lady in red" being the "witness" to the kennedy assasination just blew me away!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:16 pm

shawnsparxx wrote:
@ central scrutinizer...great stuff thanks, that "lady in red" being the "witness" to the kennedy assasination just blew me away!

blew me away too, never heard the story of the woman in the red dress until now.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next