View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Administrator Spot Open 
Site Admin

KindaGamey has stepped down from his position as admin of the forum, and that leaves a spot open for a new member to step in. I´m very grateful for all the help KindaGamey have provided and he's been with us almost from the start. The forum is actually celebrating 3 year anniversary soon, what a ride it has been.

The admin role means moderating and approving the first two posts from all new users. The forum is being heavily spammed, and if a spammer is spotted, the account has to be removed.. Can be hard sometime when users do a one-liner as their first post to know if they´re here to take part of the community or spam.

We had a bit of discussion among admins about being able to edit posts, and I think I´m the only one who wants to keep the "what comes on the forum, stays on the forum" policy, meaning no editing, but I´m going forum Hitler about it and decided to stick to that policy, because I want to preserve the forum as it is for the future, and that wouldn´t be possible if editing was allowed. I´m sure 99% of users would use it responsibly, but I have seen other forums becoming messed up with time when it´s possible to edit your own posts..

So being an admin also means to help out in general and edit posts for users in case of double-posting, factual errors, spelling or grammatical errors, and edits of that kind..

What else? You get your name to be shown in shiny red text, and get access to the Moderators Forum, where we discuss all the secret synchs that's too underground to release in the open. :roll: ;-)

With admin powers comes great responsibility, and I want you to be able to stand up for the old hacker motto "information wants to be free". This is a forum with few rules, and so far noone (expect the spammers that are stopped before they even can enter) have been banned for breaking the simple rules. But you have the power to do so if deemed necessary.

You will get access to the Administration Control Panel and the Moderator Control Panel, where you can perform all kinds of stunts.. The need to be careful and not changing stuff you don't understand in there is obvious. I'll educate you as good as I can on how it works.

We need someone to do backups of the database at least once a week. The db is a large file around 100mb..

If anyone feels up for the job, please send me a PM. Won´t make a pick right away, we´ll see who will reply and i´ll take a decision later on, will talk to the other admins as well.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]